Training Details Diamond Push Ups
Why should you do diamond push ups?
The purpose of this exercise is to train your triceps more than your chest and front shoulders. Form a diamond with your hands on the floor just below your chin and let your arms be closer to your body, about 45 degrees, during the movement and you will maximize the training for the triceps
Guide for Diamond Push Ups
- Your hands should create a diamond shape on the floor
- Just like with normal push-ups, the body’s path up and down should go a little obliquely back and forth. Not completely vertically up and down
- Your elbows should be close to your body during the movement
- The angle between body and arms should be about 45%, more than 45 % you will lose the maximum effect for the triceps
- Load up on the eccentric and really control on the way down for every single rep.
- The body should be straight at all times, do not bend your back. Tighten your torso and butt for this